2 ltr milk
3/4 cup sugar
25 gram each almond and pistachio
7 cardamom pods
A pinch of saffron
½ teaspoon rose water
1. Soak saffron in hot milk and crush to make a paste. In a heavy-lidded pot or wok, pour milk and bring to boil on medium flame.
2. Once the milk comes to a simmer and cream sets on the top, gently move cream to a side and stir in the center to ensure that the milk does not stick to the bottom.
3. Keep repeating the process until milk is reduced to one-third. Add sugar, cardamom, and saffron and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Peel and chop the soaked almonds and pistachio.
5. Sprinkle the chopped nuts and turn off the flame, stirring the pot to mix the cream on the side of the pot.
6. Cool to room temperature, add rose water and chill in the refrigerator.
7. Serve chilled.