Mixed vegetable sabzi or mixed vegetable recipe is simple home-style Punjabi curry to serve with Roti and paratha. The mixed veg recipe is very simple but it makes for a very hearty curry, especially after so much meat when we get very good fresh produce in an Incredibly easy, healthy, gluten-free, and vegan curry recipe.
- ▢200 g potato diced
- ▢100 g cauliflower small florets
- ▢100 g green beans (french beans)
- ▢200 g tomato chopped
- ▢150 g carrot diced
- ▢100 g green bell pepper diced
- ▢2 tbsps peanut oil
- ▢1 tsp cumin seeds
- ▢1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- ▢2 green chilli chopped (optional)
- ▢1 tsp coriander powder
- ▢1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- ▢1 tsp turmeric powder
- ▢1 tsp salt
- ▢1 tsp black pepper powder
- ▢1 tsp garam masala powder
- ▢1 tsp mango powder dry
- ▢1 tsp ginger juliennes
- ▢2 – 3 tbsps coriander leaves chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan or kadahi over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, when cumin starts to pop up add finely chopped ginger and finely chopped green chilli along with chopped tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes for 4-5 minutes over medium high heat till they start becoming pulpy. stir them once or twice and reduce the heat to minimum.
- Now add salt, kashmiri red chilli powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute them for a minute and add 3-4 tbsp of water.
- Add all the chopped mixed vegetables other than coriander. Cover the lid and keep the heat at a minimum.
- Cook for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes check if vegetables are cooked through add garam masala powder and serve in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve mix vegetable sabzi with fresh paratha or Roti.