Mango Kulfi is a refreshing, creamy, and rich frozen dessert. This no-cook, the instant recipe is made with sweetened condensed milk. All you need is a blender and a few basic ingredients to relish this summer treat.
- 1 ½ cup mango chopped *see note 1
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- 1 teaspoon kewra water
- a pinch green cardamom seeds crushed
- 1 tablespoon pistachio chopped, for garnish
- In a blender add all the ingredients except pistachio. Blend till smooth.
- Take your kulfi moulds or use paper cups. Pour the mixture in all moulds equally.
- Cover each mould with a piece of foil and in the middle insert a thick skewer or ice cream stick.
- Freeze for 10-12 hours.
- Later dip the mould in some water and gently pull the kulfi out. If using paper cups, just peel the paper off.
- Roll the kulfi in some chopped pistachio and enjoy cold.
- This recipe best works with Pakistani or Indian mangoes. Pakistani chaunsa or sindhri are my favourite for using in desserts. If you are unable to get those you can use any mango, frozen or fresh but you might need to adjust the taste by adding sugar.
- Depending on the size of mould you use this recipe can make around 4-8 kulfis.