About Lahori Charga : It is a well-known traditional fried recipe famous in the city of Lahore. A whole skinless chicken is coated with a flavor-packed mixture of aromatic spices, ginger, garlic, lemon or lime juice, vinegar, and sometimes yogurt.
Ingredients Of Lahori Charga
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Chicken Masala
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 kg Whole chicken
- 1 pieces Egg
- 1.Add deep cuts to the breast and legs, wash the chicken well.
- 2.Take a bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of hung curd, juice of one lemon, the acids from the yoghurt and lemon.
- 3.Add 1 whole egg , 1 tablespoon of ginger and garlic paste, 1 tbsp green chilli paste, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4.Add all the spices powder together.
- 5.Lastly, add three tablespoons of mustard oil to the mixture, ,use your hands and massage the chicken for 2-3 minutes continuously.
- 6.Use a strong grip tong to place your chicken in hot oil and fry on both sides for 8 mins each.
- 7.Sprinkle some chat masala generously along with some lemon juice. Enjoy!