Garlic Butter Fried Rice goes literally with all kinds of food. Basmati rice is fried in butter and minced garlic and then topped with some extra fried garlic pieces and spring onion. The combination is just so heavenly. And as always my favorite part is how easy and quick this recipe is.
- 1 ½ cup basmati rice uncooked
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2-3 tablespoon neutral oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ cup spring onion sliced
- Boil the rice till fully cooked and
- fluffy. You can boil them on stove or rice cooker. See above for instructions on how I cook rice.
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoon oil and add the sliced garlic clove. Fry till golden on both sides and then drain on a kitchen paper towel. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the unsalted butter. When butter melts fry the minced garlic till golden on medium heat.
- Add the rice on medium high heat and stir till coated well with garlic and butter.
- Then mix in the salt, white pepper and soy sauce.
- Turn off heat and stir in the spring onion, reserve some for garnish later.
- Serve topped with fried garlic slices and spring onion.
- Melt butter in a pan and fry the minced garlic till golden.
- Toss in the steamed rice on medium high heat till coated well with butter.
- Add the white pepper, salt to taste and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Turn off heat and stir in the spring onion. Serve topped with fried garlic slices.