Creamy Chicken Fajita Fettuccine is inspired by the Mexican Chicken Fajitas. Chicken, bell peppers, mushrooms, caramelized onions, cream, and fettuccine make a rich and tasty combination.
- 200 g fettuccine pasta
- 200 g boneless chicken sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoon neutral oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 capsicum sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper deseeded & chopped
- 6-8 mushrooms approx 100g
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cooking cream
- ½ chicken cube
- ¼ cup pasta water
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
FOR FAJITA SEASONING
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- Mix the fajita seasoning together and keep aside.
- Marinate the chicken with 2 teaspoon of fajita seasoning.
- Boil the pasta al dente. Do it just before the sauce is ready so that you can immediately add to it. Running water/oil over pasta makes it difficult for the sauce to stick to it.
- Take some oil in a pan and add the onions. When they turn translucent, add the mushrooms on high heat. And when the mushrooms begin to brown add the capsicum, jalapeno pepper and 1 teaspoon of fajita seasoning. Stir fry for 2 mins. Take out all the vegetables and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the chicken. Cook till seared and brown. Take out.
- Now in that pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and add the garlic cloves. When it starts to brown, add the cream, milk and chicken cube. Let simmer for 2 mins and then add the pasta, vegetables, chicken and rest of the fajita seasoning.
- Stir on medium heat till the pasta absorbs most of the cream. Then pour the pasta water to thicken the sauce.
- In the end, add the cheese and mix until it melts.
- Sprinkle some paprika powder before serving.
- Serve with garlic bread and enjoy!