Chinese Chicken Chili Dry is my must-have at any Pakistani-Chinese restaurant. The flavors in this dish are insane especially if you are a spice lover. And I may be biased but today’s recipe is just like how you get at your local Chinese restaurant.
- Fry the ginger slices in oil till slightly crispy. Then toast the minced garlic.
- Add the marinated chicken on high heat and cook for couple of minutes only. The chicken cooks very quickly.
- Toss in the bell pepper along with sauces. I used green bell pepper in the pictures and orange ones in the step-by-step instructions above. You can use either.
- Add the deseeded and sliced green chilies. Toss well and turn off heat.
- 500 g boneless chicken sliced
- 6-10 green chilies deseeded and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoon ginger sliced
- ½ bell pepper preferably green
- 3 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- In chicken add the black pepper, salt and cornflour. Marinate it for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and add the ginger slices. Fry for 2 minutes till slightly crispy. Then toast the minced garlic till golden.
- Add the chicken and cook on high heat for a couple of minutes only. Don’t overcook the chicken.
- When some of the chicken bits start to brown toss in the bell pepper. Cook on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Put the oyster sauce, regular soya sauce, chili garlic ketchup and brown sugar. Stir till everything is well coated with the sauce.
- Throw in the sliced green chilies and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Take out in a serving plate and enjoy.