Juicy, tender, and bursting with flavors these Greek Meatballs are super easy to make. Serve them as an appetizer or for the main course with tzatziki sauce, pita bread, and Greek salad.
How To Make Greek Meatballs
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl so that you don’t have to over-work your meat later and make it tough.
- Then add the ground beef to it. You can also use lamb.
- Mix everything together till it is incorporated well. Then refrigerate the meat for 1 hour so that the flavours can gel in.
- Take around 2 tablespoon of the mixture and make balls. This mixture makes around 24 balls. Dredge the balls in the flour and shake off excess. The flour gives the meatballs a crispy coating.
- Shallow-fry in olive till they are brown from all sides.
- Remove from the pan and serve.
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- ½ – 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 (28g) bread slice mashed in 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour for dredging
- ¼ cup olive oil for frying
- Combine all the ingredients together except flour and oil. Mix well and refrigerate the ground meat for 1 hour.
- Take around 2 tablespoon of the mixture and make round balls with it. Grease your hands with oil if the meat is sticking to it.
- In a dish put the flour. Dredge each meatball with the flour and shake off excess.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan. On medium heat fry the meatballs till nicely brown from all sides.
- Take out and serve with Tzaziki sauce, pita bread and Greek salad.